Fees for Use of TBRC Materials:
- Reproductions of TBRC materials are subject to a use fee of $25.00 per image when approved for commercial use in publishing, video production, exhibits, product presentations, interior design, advertising, or similar commercial use, including for-profit work done by consultants or commercial design firms on behalf of government agencies or non-profit institutions; a $75.00 fee is charged for broadcast use. Fees are for one-time and non-exclusive use and are in addition to any reproduction costs as listed above.
- Unless authorized in writing by TBRC and noted in the credit line, images will not be shown with added coloring, superimposed, transposed, altered, or cropped in any way that significantly changes the meaning or context of the image, or compromises its authenticity as an historical document.
- The user assumes full responsibility for any infringement of copyright and for publication rights of reproduced materials.
Statement of Intended Use:
- Please check the appropriate space:
_____Reproductions are solely for personal or scholarly use and not for publication, exhibition, or commercial use.
_____Reproductions are intended for use in publishing, exhibits, presentations, or design, or for similar purposes. Please detail your plans below.
- The Patron agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Thunder Bay Sanctuary Research Center, Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library, Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary & Underwater Preserve, their employees and volunteers for all claims and damages, including all legal fees, disbursements, and other professional fees, howsoever arising, directly or indirectly, under this Agreement.
- I have read and agree to the above conditions and understand that failure to comply with these guidelines may result in the denial of future requests for reproductions.
Signature of Patron Requesting Reproductions Date
**Patron must complete the TBRC Researcher Registration form.
Copyright protection is provided by laws of the United States and other countries to the creators of "original works of authorship" including literary, dramatic, artistic, musical and certain other intellectual works. This web site is such a work and is protected by copyright law. United States Copyright Law (Title17, U.S.C.) restricts unauthorized use of copyrighted material; potential users must obtain permission from the copyright holder.
The nature of historical archival photograph collections means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Please contact the owning repository if you have additional information regarding the images found on this website.