Huron Portland Cement Company was established in 1907 at Detroit, Michigan with the
principal place of operations, plant, and limestone quarries at Alpena. The first president of
the company was John B. Ford who presided 1907-1939. The company has undergone
several name changes and is still in operation, currently under the name Lafarge North
(Ten photographic albums, Huron Cement News, Indexed; donated by Huron Portland cement Co. ).
Huron Portland Cement Company Collection Index